They sure are cute little goofballs. They love each other so much and I'm hoping it stays that way. *fingers crossed*
So, to update you a little... Liv is in full-fledged "threenager" mode. I liken her to a sour patch kid... first she's sour, then she's sweet. She is independent and will. not. let. anyone. help. Don't even try it, seriously. You'll get yelled at. Meanwhile, we are trying to instill lessons about kindness, sharing, etc etc etc, and she can tell you all about it. She's just very protective of her independence.
Livvie can also tell you about deciduous/coniferous trees, oxidation, and even help you with minor toy repair. However, she is VERY into princesses right now... particularly Rapunzel, Cinderella, and Elsa. She's a huge fan of the color pink, dressing up, dancing, and telling us commoners that we aren't royal enough for her (don't worry, we made crowns to fix that). She loves to help in the kitchen and make her brother smile, as long as it's her idea. This morning she said to me, "Mommy, can I go in and check on Duncan?" and she proceeded to go into his room and talk to him for a few minutes while I was attempting to wake myself up (not a morning person). He responded by giggling, babbling, and bouncing at her in his crib. It might have been the most adorable few minutes of my day. Week? I dunno, it was pretty freaking cute. I might let that happen every morning.
Anyway, I love my Olivia to pieces! She's amazing, just 3 and testing me. She sure does know exactly which buttons to push. ;-)
She will be starting preschool *gasp* this Fall, which will be very good for her. We do a lot at home with her, but I think the structure and routine of school will be great, too. It will also give me a little time to spend just with the Dunkaroo, who is also amazing.
Duncan is almost 11 months old and I can't believe he's going to have a birthday soon.
![]() |
| Peek! |
He is seriously the jolliest boy in the whole wide world. If he's not jolly, you know there's something wrong... like he's teething, which he's been doing a lot lately.
It's funny how different Duncan is from Livvie. Livvie liked building towers, Duncan likes to destroy them. Livvie never played with toys "correctly", Duncan plays with them exactly as they are meant to be played. Duncan is super into cars, balls, and anything that is shaped like a hammer. He LOVES to jump, be fake-sneezed at, chew on everything, and watch things fall off your head. If you try to read him a book, he closes it EVERY TIME. Every single time! Let me read you a book, man!
He is not walking yet, but he just started cruising maybe a week or so ago (and really fast cruising yesterday). Jimmy and I are convinced that if he wanted to walk right now, he could. He's just cautious. He went from crawling backward to crawling forward to pulling to his knees to pulling up on everything to standing on his own REALLY fast. So, soon I'll be chasing two kids down. Sounds exhausting.
So, while I can't promise that I'll be back as often as I once was blogging... I can promise that I'll do my best. Also, I can promise that these kiddos are being loved on a whole lot. <3
PS. Happy birthday to my momma... I know she's up there watching over us and loving these cuties from afar. <3






No comments:
Post a Comment