I must say today has been a mixed bag of all the feels.
Usually, Easter consists of church, family, egg hunts, Easter baskets, and lots of awesome food. This year, Liv is sick (for the third time in like a month) and I'm over it. I had some time last night to mentally prepare for staying home today (so as not to get any other children we know sick), but it was still really disappointing this morning. It sounds silly, but I was really excited to go to church with my little family and then go have some Spring fun! Finally! It's been a long, cold winter and we've been very cooped up lately.
Anyway, it's been both a wonderful and emotional morning for me. So, I'm going to try to turn my frown upside down and point out all the positives...
1. My husband rules at breakfast. Be jealous. He made bacon and bunny pancakes. Yum!
2. We still got to have a nice egg hunt on our own. After feeding Livvie, which significantly improved her mood (thank goodness), she enjoyed hunting for eggs that the Easter bunny hid. Oh, might I add, in her fancy Cinderella slippers. Boy, that Easter bunny sure knows her well! ;-)
3. I have an amazing daughter. She's grumpy in the morning, she bugs out her eyes, she has quite an interesting sense of fashion, she knows how to push my buttons, and she is so super stubborn... but man, I sure do love that girl to bits and pieces.
4. I also have an amazing son. Yep, I'm that lucky... and somehow I love him to bits and pieces, too. He enjoyed finding some eggs, shaking them, and then rolling them around the room. He's still fairly jolly at this point, but I'm sure someday he'll be a "threenager", too. Today, he's my baby. :-)
5. Both of my kids like wearing hats. Really, for a momma who makes hats, I think I lucked out on this one. I will say I didn't make this hat, but I could not resist it's adorable factor. Just look at him!!!
6. I have the best husband ever. Again, be jealous ladies. He's also super handsome. And smart. And sweet. I love him kind of a lot and for some reason he puts up with my shenanigans. ;-)
7. When Liv is sick, she's snuggly. It's about the only time you get as many snuggles as you want. I soak them up while I can and also hope that she feels better soon... but, gotta take advantage while it's there. We spent the morning watching Super Why and relaxing. <3
2. We still got to have a nice egg hunt on our own. After feeding Livvie, which significantly improved her mood (thank goodness), she enjoyed hunting for eggs that the Easter bunny hid. Oh, might I add, in her fancy Cinderella slippers. Boy, that Easter bunny sure knows her well! ;-)
![]() |
| Crazy cheese face! |
3. I have an amazing daughter. She's grumpy in the morning, she bugs out her eyes, she has quite an interesting sense of fashion, she knows how to push my buttons, and she is so super stubborn... but man, I sure do love that girl to bits and pieces.
4. I also have an amazing son. Yep, I'm that lucky... and somehow I love him to bits and pieces, too. He enjoyed finding some eggs, shaking them, and then rolling them around the room. He's still fairly jolly at this point, but I'm sure someday he'll be a "threenager", too. Today, he's my baby. :-)
! Seriously, how cute?!
5. Both of my kids like wearing hats. Really, for a momma who makes hats, I think I lucked out on this one. I will say I didn't make this hat, but I could not resist it's adorable factor. Just look at him!!!
![]() |
| :-) |
6. I have the best husband ever. Again, be jealous ladies. He's also super handsome. And smart. And sweet. I love him kind of a lot and for some reason he puts up with my shenanigans. ;-)
![]() |
| The guys ready for church! |
![]() |
| Admiring her Cinderella slippers while wearing a Halloween shirt, her fave blue flower dress, and purple tutu. Her fashion sense is her own. :-) |
7. When Liv is sick, she's snuggly. It's about the only time you get as many snuggles as you want. I soak them up while I can and also hope that she feels better soon... but, gotta take advantage while it's there. We spent the morning watching Super Why and relaxing. <3
So, that's just a few positives... but I think I needed to write them down and remember how lucky I am. I am also lucky to have YOU in my life, if you are indeed reading this and in my life. Happy Easter to YOU!
PS. Back to real life, both kids just woke up from naps...
8. Both kids took naps today! Always be thankful for naptime. I know I am. :-)












No comments:
Post a Comment