Monday, May 20, 2013

Happy Birthday, Honey Jimmy! :-)

Aren't windows great?

I took these pictures this morning before I was fully awake.  Liv climbed up onto the ottoman and was just sitting there looking out, and then knocking on, the window.  



We have a little routine in the afternoons when Jimmy is on his way home... we will sit on the ottoman together, look out the window and see if Daddy's here yet.  If not, Livvie says "No, not yet!" and then we lean back and lay and tickle!  Then I'll sit up with her on my lap and we do it again... "Again!  Again!"  She just giggles and giggles and it's awesome.  

When Jimmy pulls into the driveway, she always says "Hi Daddy!" through the window.  Of course, he can't hear her cute voice yet, so I taught her how to knock on the window when he gets a little closer so that he can look up and see her smiling and waving at him.  Hehe.  Then, after she does that, she runs over to a little space between the couch and an end table and peeks at him through the railing and says "I see you..." when he walks through the door.  

It might be the cutest thing ever.  

Ugh, okay, maybe not.  She does about a million cute things every day.  I'm really enjoying how much she's talking now!  Some of the words, no phrases, that come out of her mouth just make me laugh.  For instance...
  • When we leave the house, she says "Bye House, seeya soon!" and when we come back she says "Hi House, it's good to see you!"
  • She sings in the car... "Wheels bus?  Frog song?  People, up and down?  Raining... morning!"  (Can you figure out what those songs are?)
  • "P U, Stinky Bug!"  We may have seen a stink bug in the basement one day... now she says this whenever we change her diaper.
  • Also when changing her diaper... Jimmy taught her to look at the picture on her diaper (Elmo, Ernie, Cookie Monster, etc.) and she'll say "Noooooot Cookie Monster, noooooot Ernie, nooooot Big Bird".  Is that normal for her to say everything that's NOT there?  It seems like a weird concept for her to have picked up.
  • "I love you, Momma!" (or Daddy, or Grandma, or Grandpa...) and the best is when it comes out of nowhere.  *hug* I love you, Livvie!
  • "Hi cuckoo clock!  Cuckoo no."   Okay, so I have a "fake" cuckoo clock that has a little cuckoo bird and he just shakes his head no all the time.  Livvie likes it.  Today she may have woken up from her nap asking to go see the cuckoo bird.  "I miss it!"
The list could seriously go on and on.  Liv imitates EVERYTHING now.  In the car, she's constantly pointing out things that she sees.  She said "orange pickup truck" today, for goodness sake!  

Click here to see a video that includes some hopping...
Click here to see some pushups!
Click here to see some catch the walrus fun...

Okay, so if you watched the walrus video... know that I stopped the video like 2 seconds too early.  She said "I miss you, walrus!"

The OTHER thing I wanted to mention is that Jimmy had his first 29th birthday last Friday.  Many more to come, my love!  <3  We had a great day that included Cinnamon Toast Crunch muffins, a trip to the zoo, eating dinner at Bombay Nights, and the new Star Trek movie.  Exhausting and fun!  Thanks for having a birthday, babe.  


Prairie dogs... "woof woof"

I'm not even sure what that animal is now that I'm looking at it... a kudu?

Liv and Momma at the penguins

Penguins!

Monkey house!   



I think a bottle cap rolled by and they both stopped to look for it, hehe.


:-)
Happy birthday, Honey Jimmy!  We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment