Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sippy Cups and Bottles

I've been reading too many baby forum questions lately.  There are all kinds of posts that people put up with questions about when to start using sippy cups, when to start finger foods, what solid foods to start with, when baby should be sitting up, and the list goes on and on.  I get nervous that I'm not doing the right things for Olivia because I just don't know certain things about babies.  I'm learning as I go. 

I just have to remember that she doesn't know any differently. 

I'm a little overly anxious, probably, about feeding her anything she could potentially choke on!  So, if she only eats pureed fruits and veggies for now, she won't be missing anything.  I'm not really in any rush for her to grow faster than she's already doing.  It's just amazing how much philosophies on raising a baby can differ. 

Anyway, Livvie tried a sippy cup for the first time this weekend and I think it freaked her out.  :-)

Caught, red-handed!  (...by the flash, that is...)




Half the time, she didn't even feel the need to hold the cup.  Hehe.  Then, she started munching on the highchair straps instead.  'I'm so bored, Mom!' 


 For good measure, we then tried the other sippy cup I got her... this one has a straw.



My silly girl.  :-)
She did, however, hold her own bottle today and actually drink from it!  I set it in her lap and she picked it up and drank... she's figuring things out.  :-)



'I got this, Mom...'

No comments:

Post a Comment