We spent yesterday at the "Ribber House" according to Livvie. "Hellooooo Ribber House, it's good to see you!"
It was kind of a gloomy day to start, so according to the Maley men, that means it's perfect weather for skiing, wakeboarding, and any other kind of water sport you might like to do. (Maybe not any kind, but I'm not a Maley man and I sure don't know much about water sports.) Anyway, one of my New Year's resolutions this year is to get up on water skis. I was threatened initially that I wasn't a true Maley until that happened... though I think that point has come and gone. ;-) I do still want to get up on skis, though.
![]() |
| Me in my SMALL/MEDIUM life jacket. Rock on, me. |
Unfortunately, you get no picture of me up on skis yet. There were a whole lot of short video clips of me almost skiing and then suddenly falling sideways. Geez water, stop tripping me already. I'll post a picture when I master those skis this summer.
Instead, here's Jimmy wakeboarding for the first time this summer...
...and Livvie swimming in the river...
![]() |
| ...and floating! |
She had fun going back and forth in the river for a little while and then just wanted to get off and go play in the sand, walk in the water, and watch Suka make a "biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig splash!"
Today, however, little miss was in quite a mood for most of the day! We got home kind of late last night and she was WIDE AWAKE and then she woke up early today and took an early nap. Long, but early. Anyway, we had some good play time... but also the first real time outs (two of them!) she's ever had. For kicking mommy (on purpose)! Tsk tsk.
How do I know it was on purpose? She said "I kick mommy" and walked up and kicked me. That little talker gives herself away pretty easily. (...and she was a sad little munchkin after the timeout.) :-/ She said "I sorry, no kick mommy." Until she did it again about 5 minutes later. Same result. Ah well... it had to happen sometime and she didn't do it again all night.
She also found something new she likes to do...
![]() |
| Thanks for the sweet jungle gym, Grandma Joyce! ;-) |
![]() |
| She sure does love that little picnic table... |












No comments:
Post a Comment