Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Busy as Usual :-)

Happy Almost Fall!  :-)  

I've been seriously dreading attempting to catch up on this blog.  I take too many pictures!  We have too much fun!  Haha, those do sound like terrible problems to have.  I think what I'm going to do is, when I have the opportunity to write some blog posts, write a few and schedule them (if I can figure out how to actually do that)... so that you don't get overwhelmed with the cuteness.  

Seriously, though.  We have been so busy!  I was just saying to a friend of mine today that I think I've lost the ability to recharge myself.  With Duncan being so little, he still needs lots and lots from me most of the time... and Olivia needs me in different ways now.  I say that because most of the time she won't let me help her at all!  She's so independent!

Me and my munchkins!  :-)

Since July, Duncan turned 3 months and then 4 months (a post to come!).  Yes, already!  He has absolutely no interest in rolling over.  Within the past few weeks, he's started enjoying tummy time much more, and has rolled over by accident once or twice, but that's it.  Most of the time when he's on his tummy, he's got his head up nice and strong and looks all around (usually for his big sister).  He's recently started squealing at the top of his lungs... I'm pretty sure it's half to just hear the sound of his voice and the other half to get back at Livvie (who roars at him constantly).  




Their relationship is getting cuter and cuter.  I just love watching the two of them interact.  

It's funny, because Liv will leave Duncan alone a lot of the time... she likes to do her own thing, always.  If you try to deliberately get them to play together, NOPE.  On her terms, though, I think she might even love that little guy.  Hehe.

Aww...

Liv is almost completely potty trained at this point... though we haven't attempted nighttime yet.  One step at a time!  

Liv's also been helping me in the kitchen waaaaaay more.  I think she really enjoys being a part of whatever I'm doing (sometimes)... and since we've been trying to save money and cook as much as we can, that means lots of prep and cook time in the kitchen for me.  I don't mind it, I've really grown to love being in the kitchen... but having two kids underfoot is tricky.  

Things that help?  
1. Duncan's bouncy seat... I move it so he can see me and all is right with the world.
2. Keeping Liv busy either helping me or playing in her own little kitchen (which is in my kitchen).  Best thing ever.

Decked out in our aprons, ready to cook!

I love that there are things that we can both do one on one with Livvie (and I'm sure eventually with Duncan).  It's been fun watching her personality come out and I just love the little person she's becoming.  Most of the time.  ;-)  

Everybody who has ever had a 2 year old knows that tantrums can be nuts.  And for no reason.  Or a very strange reason.  Like, mommy opened up my cheese the wrong way... or I don't want to go outside (even if we're not going outside).  I figure the moodiness will end, oh, never.  I still get in moods like that myself!  

Moody kid pics... hehe... oh, they're still cute.  ;-)

What's he thinking about?

I'm not sure she liked the fact that I was taking a picture... haha!  ;-)

Haha, these last two pics were taking at least a month ago and they both look so different in more recent ones!!!  Where does the time go?!

No comments:

Post a Comment